AG BBQ II 6/25/22 - Official Thread

Hang out, sip some iced tea, and shoot the breeze with AG regulars.
drfish

Hello gerbils! Squeak up below to get your name on the attendee list. It's the only way to have any idea how many people are going to show up. Also, like last year, if you're in contact with anyone that has come to previous BBQs but isn't on or active in the new forums or in the Slack, please reach out and let them know what's going down.

As a change from last year, everyone is welcome to this year's BBQ regardless of their Covid vaccination status. Sorry again about putting that barrier up last year.

I'm in a better place financially than last year, so truly no pressure here, but if you'd like to toss me some cash to cover BBQ expenses, here's my PayPal. Alternatively, if you specifically want to fund some of the foodstuffs at the BBQ, you can send me a gift card for one of my clients, cubi.com (send it to dr_fish@speedymail.org). I think everyone approved of the eats from Cubi last year. :mrgreen:

That's it for now, but this thread will evolve... :arrow:

Parking:
Forget the rules of the past (except the one about not parking over the septic tank). I think enough space has been cleared out in the driveway that most attendees can find a spot, just don't be shy about how close you pull up to other cars.

Dates:
Friday Afternoon - Disk Golf? 6/24
This was a lot of fun last year, so we're going to do a round of disk golf at Paw Paw park if enough people are interested (buy a cheap set of disks before the BBQ if you want to play and plan on losing some, lol).
Friday Evening - Pre-Party 6/24
Anyone that gets into town early and wants to hang out at the cottage and eat some pizza is welcome!
Saturday Early Afternoon - Main Event 6/25
You know the drill, show up between 11:00 and 1:00 and be ready to feast around 2:00.
Saturday Night - AG After Dark 6/25
We have beach! We can has fire[works]! Hit up Shoes to help fund the exploding light show. As always, there will be plenty of sitting around in the dark and chatting until the bugs drive everyone indoors to sleep.
Sunday Morning - Lakeside Breakfast 6/26
Anyone still in the area is invited to come back to the cottage and enjoy what's become the traditional breakfast feast served up by my mom and pitch in with cleaning up the aftermath of the BBQ.

...and now we start the attendee list!

Confirmed: :ugeek:
drfish & family
sis_of_fish & Mama Fish & friends
SHOES & family
Sheldomaus & family & friends
BeechSprout
DragonDaddyBear & family
Captain Ned
Jeff
spurious & Dozengoblin76
just brew it!
Damage
Gyromancer
thegleek
LoneWolf15

Unconfirmed (but possible): :-?
DPoscorp
idchafee
Mr.Robot and roommate
The Egg

Anti-Confirmed: :(
derFunkenstein & family
FroBozz_Inc
captaintrav
Charlie (DiM)
zgirl

The List (post in the thread what you are going to bring and I will add your name below so we know everything is covered)
Ribs -
Burgers - drfish
Hot dogs -
Buns - drfish
Cheese -
Charcoal - drfish
Plates - drfish
Napkins - drfish
Silverware - drfish
Garbage bags - drfish
Ice - "everyone"
Coolers - drfish
Chairs - "everyone"
Tables - "everyone"
Soda -
Water - drfish
Beer -
Other drinks -
Chips -
Condiments - drfish
Veggies - drfish
Fruits - drfish
Deserts -
Cornhole sets - drfish
Brats/campfire food - drfish
Smores stuff -
Cooking forks -
Any other food stuffs - Mrs. Shoes making THE BEANS
Breakfast supplies for Sunday morning - Grandma fish
Potato Cannon - Captain Ned
thegleek

lol i don't:

- IRC, ICQ, SLACK, STEAM (CHAT), LINE, WECHAT, INSTAGRAM (DIRECT), FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK (MESSENGER), HER,
- DISCORD, TIKTOK, FORUMS, AIM, YAHOO, SIGNAL, HAPPN, SKYPE, WHATSAPP, GOOGLE HANGOUTS, KAKAO TALK,
- MICROSOFT TEAMS, PRYVATE, THREEMA, WIRE, FEELD, SNAPCHAT, WICKR ME, VIBER, SILENCE, TELEGRAM, HILY,
- MEETUP, YUBO, BUMBLE, HEY VINA, NEXTDOOR, RAYA, FRIENDED, FRIENDER, SKOUT, PEANUT, PAWDATES, SALT,
- TINDER, GRINDR, ATLETO, MOM LIFE, TWITTER, PIDGIN, ELEMENT, MATTERMOST, HINGE, EHARMONY, MATCH,
- S'MORE, OKCUPID, KINDRED, THURSDAY, THE SAUCE, VICTORIA, JUNGLE DATING, INNER CIRCLE, PICKABLE,
- BADOO, BRISTLR, MUDDY MATCHES, MUZ MATCH, POM, TASTEBUDS, MEETMINDFUL, COFFEE MEETS BAGEL,
- WOOPLUS, PLENTYOFFISH, ZOOSK, CLICKDATE, and 100's more...

basically i'm 99.95% off the grid, cuz social media sucks ass. it's digital cancer. fish got lucky reaching me on steam chat (i am invisible 24/7/365 on it).

i'll be at the TRBBQ on june 25th, see u all there, bring your cornhole best.

kthx,
thegleek
Slash/

"but isn't on or active in the new forums or in the Slack"

Are you considering these the new forums? I'd sure love to make it to my first tech-related BBQ. I've followed for years, so I kinda sorta know the drill. I would really need to start planning...very soon.
...MOSFET at the old gerbil site...
...Axl at the old Roman site...
drfish

Sorry, just seeing this now. Yeah, though there are not many posts here most of us in the Slack don't visit the old forums anymore. PM me your email and I can invite you to the Slack.
thegleek

BBS and forums to death! füçking (vulgarity filters, really?) all that slack/discord shÏt, wtf is wrong with you people? ffs

...and WHY is frobozz anti-confirmed, just cuz your daughter is having a birthday on the same day is NO valid excuse. ugh
Captain Ned

Ah, still hasn't lost that Gleek touch, eh?
Fat, drunk, and stupid was always my goal.
idchafee

Captain Ned wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:45 am Ah, still hasn't lost that Gleek touch, eh?
Its like riding a bike
thegleek

Captain Ned wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:45 am Ah, still hasn't lost that Gleek touch, eh?
some people remain the same. forever. it is what is is. so be it.
drfish

thegleek wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:31 am BBS and forums to death! füçking (vulgarity filters, really?) all that slack/discord shÏt, wtf is wrong with you people? ffs

...and WHY is frobozz anti-confirmed, just cuz your daughter is having a birthday on the same day is NO valid excuse. ugh
Speaking of that, do you think you could borrow his cornhole set for the day if they aren't using it for the party? Otherwise it's looking like we will only have two to run the tourney with.
thegleek

drfish wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 am
thegleek wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:31 am BBS and forums to death! füçking (vulgarity filters, really?) all that slack/discord shÏt, wtf is wrong with you people? ffs

Speaking of that, do you think you could borrow his cornhole set for the day if they aren't using it for the party? Otherwise it's looking like we will only have two to run the tourney with.
I can ask, but I will be bringing 2 sets of boards myself.

the 1st set is the original (non-ACL compliant) boards that @zgirl built for us (front height is too tall, and total length is 6 inches short).

the 2nd board set is ACL-compliant 3/4" birch with anti-bounce board set, which can be used in all ACL sanctioned events (except pro).

also, corn-filled bags are against all cornhole rules across the nation --- for social backyard events, yes, these can obviously be used.

resin filled bags (stamped or grandfathered) are the only allowed bags at any location (leagues, blind draws, events, etc...) now.