Jacksonville Jaguars 29 at Los Angeles Chargers 39
San Francisco 49ers 33 at New England Patriots 6
Kansas City Chiefs 43 at Denver Broncos 16
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 45 at Las Vegas Raiders 20

Sunday Night Football
Seattle Seahawks 34 at Arizona Cardinals 37

Monday Night Football, 10/19
Chicago Bears 10 at Los Angeles Rams 24

Well so much for Dalton being worth some extra wins. I think Dallas are en route to a complete collapse. The news coming out of the locker room, the generally lackluster performance from McCarthy, and getting blown out by the Team With No Name. Is there any real hope for a 2021 bounce-back?

I know Atlanta are familiar with misery, but losing (in part) because Gurley scored a touchdown feels like Detroit passing on their cursed luck, or at least sharing it for a day. On the bright side, losing more games means better picks in the Spring!
Last edited by superjawes on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustAnEngineer

Doh! Catastrophically bad fantasy choices this week:
I started Cam Newton (1.6) instead of Ryan Tannehill (26.8).
I started Zeke Elliot (5.6) instead of Jamaal Williams (19.4).
I started DK Metcalf (3.3) instead of Tyler Lockett (47.9).
That's a swing of 83.6 points for those three players.
"If there's no time for fun, Doc, then what are we saving the planet for?"
superjawes

Week 8

Thursday Night Football, 10/29
Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers

Sunday, 11/1
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
Los Angeles Rams at Miami Dolphins
New York Jets at Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
Indianapolis Colts at Detroit Lions
Las Vegas Raiders at Cleveland Browns
Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills
Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears

Sunday Night Football
Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles

Monday Night Football, 11/2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Giants

Welcome to the middle of the regular season. This week I could not resist taking the Chiefs over the Jets, which would be good for 8 straight losses by Adam Gase. I am also taking flaming thumbtacks over the Bengals, and Buffalo winning at home. I don't want to pick the Eagles this week, but pair the turmoil in Dallas with Dalton in concussion protocol, and I think Philly should be able to win one at home.

If you want good games to watch, Steelers/Ravens could upset Pittsburgh's current run of wins and toss control of the division up in the air. The Colts' trip to Detroit could also be good to watch, and I think the game of the week should be 49ers/Seahawks.
superjawes

Week 8 - Results

Thursday Night Football, 10/29
Atlanta Falcons 25 at Carolina Panthers 17

Sunday, 11/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 28 at Baltimore Ravens 24
Los Angeles Rams 17 at Miami Dolphins 28
New York Jets 9 at Kansas City Chiefs 35
Minnesota Vikings 28 at Green Bay Packers 22
Indianapolis Colts 41 at Detroit Lions 21
Las Vegas Raiders 16 at Cleveland Browns 6
Tennessee Titans 20 at Cincinnati Bengals 31
New England Patriots 21 at Buffalo Bills 24
Los Angeles Chargers 30 at Denver Broncos 31
San Francisco 49ers 27 at Seattle Seahawks 37
New Orleans Saints 26 at Chicago Bears 23

Sunday Night Football
Dallas Cowboys 9 at Philadelphia Eagles 23

Monday Night Football, 11/2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25 at New York Giants 23

The Falcons hold on to a lead! The Bengals upset the Titans! The Patriots lose in a very un-Patriots way!

Missed the afternoon window and SNF, but I did get to see my Colts show their promise, even if it was against the Lions. Being able to win games on defense is something we desperately need. Up in Green Bay...I'm already ready to hit the reset button, because this is just frustrating. This team has lots of talent in *some* areas, but when they lose, they lose big. If Gutekunst and LaFleur want to run Aaron Rodgers out of town, just do it already. It will be better for everyone.
superjawes

Week 9

Thursday Night Football, 11/5
Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, 11/8
New York Giants at Washingtons Whatzits
Chicago Bears at Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings
Carolina Panthers at Kansas City Chiefs
Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens at Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills
Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons
Las Vegas Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers at Dallas Cowboys
Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals

Sunday Night Football
New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Monday Night Football, 11/9
New England Patriots at New York Jets

Surely LaFleur and the Packers won't lose a third straight to the 9ers...right? After all the injuries? Better pad out the picks by taking the Chiefs at home and the Steelers in Jerry's World, where the Cowboys are expecting a beat down. I'm also taking the Raiders in a game that they "should" win if they really want to be counted as "good" this year.

On the bright side, there are several games that should be great this week. My Colts are in an important game against the Ravens. We've lost against worse teams this year, so getting it together against Baltimore is important. Seahawks/Bills has Wilson v Allen shootout potential. Dolphins/Cardinals could also be a thriller. Both of those teams are on much better pace compared to 2019, and they both have real shots at winning their divisions (with help, of course). And finally, Sunday Night Football very well could be the NFC South Championship game. The Saints have a shot at getting both tiebreakers, or the Bucs could move 1 win ahead in a split. Either way, the division will look very different on Monday morning.
JustAnEngineer

Oh dear. That won't have made a certain fan happy. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colt ... er-fumble/
superjawes

JustAnEngineer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:32 pm Oh dear. That won't have made a certain fan happy. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colt ... er-fumble/
I was more hung up by the bad pass called incomplete on the field overturned to a fumble recovery.

"After reviewing the play: God Dammit, Phil."
superjawes

Week 9 - Results

Thursday Night Football, 11/5
Green Bay Packers 34 at San Francisco 49ers 17

Sunday, 11/8
New York Giants 23 at Washingtons Whatzits 20
Chicago Bears 17 at Tennessee Titans 24
Detroit Lions 20 at Minnesota Vikings 34
Carolina Panthers 31 at Kansas City Chiefs 33
Houston Texans 27 at Jacksonville Jaguars 25
Baltimore Ravens 24 at Indianapolis Colts 10
Seattle Seahawks 34 at Buffalo Bills 44
Denver Broncos 27 at Atlanta Falcons 34
Las Vegas Raiders 31 at Los Angeles Chargers 26
Pittsburgh Steelers 24 at Dallas Cowboys 19
Miami Dolphins 34 at Arizona Cardinals 21

Sunday Night Football
New Orleans Saints 38 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3

Monday Night Football, 11/9
New England Patriots 30 at New York Jets 27
My Colts are in an important game against the Ravens. We've lost against worse teams this year, so getting it together against Baltimore is important.
That was the opposite of "getting it together" against Baltimore... My biggest fear about Rivers was that he was too expensive for what we were getting, and surprise! That's exactly what's up. If he's stuck in the starting position, Jacoby needs a demotion so that Eason can start preparing. 2020 is mostly a bust if we keep playing offense like that, so we might as well get a head start on 2021.

But hey, at least I was perfect on my picks for the week! Even if 3 out of 4 were really close...

EDIT: Thirty. Eight. To. Three. I only caught parts of it (and only after Nola were up 28-0), but that was the kind of beat down I expected in Dallas!
superjawes

Week 10

Thursday Night Football, 11/12
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans

Sunday, 11/15
Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
Jacksonville Jaguars at Green Bay Packers
Washington NAMECHANGE at Detroit Lions
Houston Texans at Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers
Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins
Denver Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders
Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams
Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers

Sunday Night Football
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

Monday Night Football, 11/16
Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears

Should have some interesting games this week, but first some picks. I like the Packers and Lions at home against bad teams, and after seeing what New Orleans did against and in TB last week, I think they should be able to handle the 9ers at home. Last pick is a bit risky, but the Ravens knocked off the Patriots 37-20 last year, when the Pats were a much better team. Maybe it does end up being close, but John Harbaugh should be able to handle it.

Colts/Titans is important. We had an awful, awful game last week, so now we need to get it together against a solid division rival. Not looking forward to it, but it should be on the radar. In Miami, we have a pair of 2020 first rounders going head to head. Dolphins should be good in this one, considering how good they've been, but the Chargers aren't 2-6 bad, so don't be surprised if the Bolts lose in the final seconds again. In Arizona, we've got a pair of up an coming teams. Buffalo absolutely wrecked Seattle's D last week in that 44-34 loss, but Arizona actually seem to have a plan on defense, so I expect this game to be closer. In LA, we have another important division game where the Rams have a shot at taking control of the NFC West, and it could be another shootout. Finally, The Bengals are in Pittsburgh. Normally this would be an easy pick for the Steelers against a bad to mediocre team, but I also expected them to blow out the Cowboys, who have been completely decimated at QB It would be a helluva story if Burrow hands Pittsburgh their first loss of 2020.
JustAnEngineer

FiveThirtyEight's ELO model says that the Packers are a lock (93%) and the Steelers (78%), Saints (75%) and Buccaneers (75%) are good picks.
Ravens are 67% over the Patriots and the Lions (53%) are a close pick over the team formerly known as the Redskins.