NFL 2020

Hiking, biking, weight lifting, or sportsballing
JustAnEngineer

superjawes wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 pm If the Texans don't beat the Jags, I can easily see an 0-7 team jettisoning B.O.B. out the airlock.
Are you Tony Rand? Oath of Fealty
"If there's no time for fun, Doc, then what are we saving the planet for?"
Captain Ned

And the Browns are 3-1.
Fat, drunk, and stupid was always my goal.
superjawes

JustAnEngineer wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:58 pm
superjawes wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 pm If the Texans don't beat the Jags, I can easily see an 0-7 team jettisoning B.O.B. out the airlock.
Are you Tony Rand? Oath of Fealty
I don't understand that (and was closer to making an Among Us reference).

But as it turns out, B.O.B. will not go 0-7! Because he just got fired.
superjawes

Week 5

Thursday Night Football, 10/8
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Chicago Bears

Sunday, 10/11
Los Angeles Rams at Football Team Washingtoners
Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers
Arizona Cardinals at New York Jets
Las Vegas Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons
Miami Dolphins at San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys
Indianapolis Colts at Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots COVID Reshedule

Sunday Night Football
Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks

Monday Night Football, 10/12
Los Angeles Chargers at New Orleans Saints

Um...we'll see? (Possibly Monday 10/12)
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans

I really want to pick the Chiefs this week, but after possible exposure to COVID against NE, I think I'll pass :-? . Instead, I'll take the Ravens over the Bengals, the Cowboys over the Giants, and the Seahawks over the Vikings. Baltimore and Dallas are just the better teams in the matchups, even if they are divisional games. The Vikings showed that they can travel and play well on limited practice, but only against the terrible Texans. Seattle is a different beast. Even without the normal crowd noise from the 12s, Seattle should win this.

If you're looking for games to watch, pencil in Raiders/Chiefs. As long as there aren't any infectious surprises, the game should be good. I also have a soft spot for the Colts/Browns game. Confession: this was another game I considered traveling for, as I would love to tailgate at least once with the Cleveland faithful. I have mad respect for a fan base who continues to show up despite decades of misery. Oh! And don't forget the Washington game. Alex Smith will be suiting up for the first time in almost two years. Sure, it's just as a backup, but I've been rooting for his recovery this whole time, and it's nice to see him turn that around. Cheers, Alex.

As of writing this, I haven't seen news of postponing or cancelling the Titans/Bills game, but just this morning their positive test count rose to 23. With Buffalo due to play KC one week from today, things are complicated. This game looks like it might be a forfeit by Tennessee, honestly. Otherwise, the KC/BUF matchup will need to be moved... Heck, they might need to move that regardless. Reid and Mahomes are good, but a forfeit by Tennessee means that Buffalo will be extra rested while KC have limited rest after a divisional matchup.

Sidebar: Thursday Night Football is a dumb idea and they should stop doing it.
JustAnEngineer

superjawes wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 pm As some thoughts, the NFC East is now sitting at 2-12-1...and one of those teams will be hosting a playoff game.
They'll be 4-15-1 after today. If the Giants beat the Cowboys, the Eagles will still be leading the division at 1-3-1. Who picked the Los Angeles Rams (4-0 against the division) to win the NFC LEast?

Here's the latest round of pandemic schedule shuffling:

The Titans have had 13 players and 11 staff members test positive for CoViD-19 since 9/24.
Bills - Titans: Postponed from today to Tuesday 10/13.
Bills - Chiefs: Postponed from Thursday 10/15 to Monday 10/19.

The Patriots' two best players and a third player have CoViD-19.
Patriots - Broncos: Postponed from today to Monday to Sunday 10/18.
Patriots bye week moved from week 6 to this week (5)

Broncos bye week moved from week 8 to this week.
Dolphins - Broncos moved from week 6 to week 11.
Chargers - Broncos moved from week 11 to week 8.

Dolphins bye week moved from week 10 to week 6.
Dolphins - Chargers moved from week 7 to week 10.

Chargers bye week moved from week 10 to week 6.
Chargers - Jets moved from week 6 to week 11.
Jets bye week moved from week 11 to week 10.
Chargers - Jaguars Moved from Week 8 to Week 7.
Jaguars bye week moved from week 7 to week 8.
superjawes

Week 5 - Results

Thursday Night Football, 10/8
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 19 at Chicago Bears 20

Sunday, 10/11
Los Angeles Rams 30 at Football Team Washingtoners 10
Philadelphia Eagles 29 at Pittsburgh Steelers 38
Arizona Cardinals 30 at New York Jets 10
Las Vegas Raiders 40 at Kansas City Chiefs 32
Jacksonville Jaguars 14 at Houston Texans 30
Cincinnati Bengals 3 at Baltimore Ravens 27
Carolina Panthers 23 at Atlanta Falcons 16
Miami Dolphins 43 at San Francisco 49ers 17 :o
New York Giants 34 at Dallas Cowboys 37
Indianapolis Colts 23 at Cleveland Browns 32

Sunday Night Football
Minnesota Vikings 26 at Seattle Seahawks 27

Monday Night Football, 10/12
Los Angeles Chargers 27 at New Orleans Saints 30

Um...we'll see? (Possibly Monday 10/12)
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans

Great to see Alex Smith get some time on the field, even if it wasn't pretty. Not so great seeing Andy Dalton return to the football field, though... Really hope Dak is able to come back eventually, and I'm glad the Cowboys were able to pull of a win for him. Meanwhile, Phil Rivers is really testing my patience. He's getting paid more than Aaron Rodgers, so there is NO EXCUSE to screw up like he was screwing up today two INTs (should have been 3), and a safety on intentional grounding. Forking terrible.

Oh, and there's trouble brewing in San Francisco. We knew the Dolphins had some magic going on, but traveling to the Wast Coast and doing THAT to the NFC champs, and getting Jimmy G. benched? Even with injuries, there's some drama in Santa Clara.
Last edited by superjawes on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JustAnEngineer

Another week, another coach and GM fired:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/300 ... -0-5-start
superjawes

JustAnEngineer wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm Another week, another coach and GM fired:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/300 ... -0-5-start
Well the Falcons are defintiely ready to hit the reset button. The only question is: how HARD are they willing to hit it? Do Julio Jones and Matt Ryan make it to the trade deadline? Or do they get offloaded as prep work for the 2021 draft?
JustAnEngineer

If the Falcons are ready to "Tank for Trevor", they're going to have a serious fight from the two teams in New Jersey. The Jets and Giants look pathetic.
superjawes

Agreed, but both of those teams also have young QBs and "real" HCs (as of today), while Matt Ryan and Juilo Jones could be solid draft capital while exacerbating the suckage. Plus, I have a feeling that Jones is safe with the G-Men as long as Gettleman is the GM.